LINKS to Examples of Collaborative Living and Aging Options
- The Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC)- First location in Canada called OASIS, which started in Kingston, Ontario The OASIS NORC Model
- Wine on the Porch Co-Housing Model in Toronto and Fall Workshop on Co-Housing Options Are you a Boomer who is Thinking about Moving in the Next Few Years?
- Co-Housing Models in Canada – offers several models and options for creating private dwellings that are supplemented by common facilities and spaces Co-Housing Network
PUBLICATIONS by Sue Lantz, Managing Director of Collaborative Aging
- Caregiver Support Framework: A Planning tool designed for use by healthcare providers, in working with informal caregivers, to provide better supports Caregiver_Support_Framework_May_2018
- Report to the Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) on Aging in Place and Home Renovations/Modifications HMC Report CHBA 2018FINAL
- Presentation – Envisioning Aging in Place – National Institute on Aging Conference – 2017 Sue-Lantz
- Diversity in Action Toolkit – A Resource of Practices for Residential Settings for Seniors http://www.psno.ca/uploads/1/0/1/9/10197937/diversityinaction_eng_web.pdf
Healthy Aging, Life Design and Retirement Planning
- Aging Well, by George E. Vaillant, 2002 (It’s a Classic!)
- A Long, Bright Future, by Laura Carstensen, Founding Director of Standford Centre on Longevity, 2009
- A New Purpose: Redefining Money, Family, Work, Retirement and Success, by Ken Dychtwald and Daniel Kadlec, 2009.
- Connected: How Your Friends’ Friends’ Friends Affect Everything You Feel, Think, and Do. by Nicholas Christakis and James Fowler, 2011.
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life, Bill Burnett and Dave Evans, 2017
- Going Solo: The Extraordinary Rise and Suprising Appeal of Living Alone, by Eric Klinenberg, 2012
- Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to your Physical and Spiritual Well-being, by Andrew Weil, 2005.
New Rules of Retirement: What Your Financial Advisor Isn’t Telling You, by Warren MacKenzie, and Ken Hawkins. 2008.
- Old Age: A Beginner’s Guide, by Michael Kinsley, 2016
- Resilience: Why Things Bounce Back, by Andrew Zolli and Anne Marie Healy, 2012
- Stayin’ Alive. By Michael Adams, 2010.
- The Big Shift: Navigating the New Stage Beyond Midlife, by Marc Freedman, 2011.
Health Planning, Decision-Making and Caregiving
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, by Atul Guwande, 2014
- Take Good Care: Finding Your Joy in Compassionate Caregiving, by Cynthia Orange, 2017
- The Good Caregiver: A One-of -a-Kind Compassionate Resource for Anyone Caring for a Aging Loved One, by Robert L.Kane with Jaannine Ouelette, 2011
- When Someone You Know has Dementia, by June Andrews, May 2016
- The Patient Will See you Now: The Future of Medicine is in Your Hands, by Eric Topol, 2015
Co-Housing and Accessible Home Design
- The Accessible Home: Designing for All Ages and Abilities, by Deborah Peirce, 2012
- The Senior Cohousing Handbook: A Community Approach to Independent Living. Second Edition. by Charles Durrett, 2009
- Reinventing Community, Stories from the Walkways of Co-Housing, Edited By David Wann, 2005
Collaborative Consumption Models
- Cognitive Surplus: Creativity and Generosity in a Connected Age by Clay Shirky, 2010
- MacroWikinomics: Rebooting Business and the World, (Chapter 10: Collaborative Healthcare) by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams, 2010
- What’s Mine is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption, by Racheal Botsman and Roo Rogers, 2010.