The Top 10 Reasons to proactively and collaborative plan aging:
Benefits to Boomers and Our Caregivers
- It will save us time and money – to arrange practical ways of situating ourselves and meeting our needs
- We create more certainty and control for ourselves, which maintains our confidence as we age
- We can generate new and more customized housing and care options that otherwise might not envision without our input –
- We can safeguard ourselves against the expected vulnerabilities of aging and caregiving (e.g. moving in a crisis, financial abuse, inaccessible home, challenges arranging needed services)
- We increase our social connections while living in place of our choice!
Benefits to our Neighborhoods and Towns
- Our homes and communities will be designed inclusively, and ready for an aging population while fostering more social interaction between generations.
- Our neighborhoods can foster supportive social and caregiving networks.
Benefits to Organizations working with Seniors and Caregivers
- Healthcare provider organizations can streamline the care process, by sharing clinical information more efficiently with patients and caregivers “in the circle of care”
- Clinicians can focus on supporting seniors (and their caregivers) to self-manage health conditions, and access the right services or advice
- Clinicians can be supported to work with other clinicians (such as specialists or home care providers) as a cohesive health care team
- Companies and housing developers can develop innovative solutions for aging boomers based on identified preferences and needs
- Organizations can take advantage of the latest technology resources, including “shared platforms” for organizing delivery of some types of services to older adult customers (and their caregivers).